Did you accidentally delete a message from your inbox? In this article, we will give you some tips on how to recover deleted Instagram messages…
We aren’t mind readers, but if you are reading this, then there’s a good chance that you are interested in how to recover deleted Instagram messages.
Is there a time when you have deleted an Instagram chat and then regretted it later on? There is a possibility that your Instagram account might have been deleted, which would be much worse. The ability to see deleted messages on Discord is well known, but is it possible to do the same thing on Instagram as well?
As it turns out, there are some ways to recover deleted Instagram messages, and we will show you some of them in this post so that you can make use of them. Read on to find out what you need to know!
How to check history on Instagram?
However, you can try the following alternatives to get an idea of your Instagram activity:
Recent Activity: Open the Instagram app, tap on the heart-shaped icon at the bottom, and then select the “Following” tab. This section shows recent activities from the accounts you follow, including likes, comments, and follows. While it doesn’t provide a comprehensive browsing history, it offers some insights into your recent interactions.
Account Data: Instagram allows users to download their data, which includes various account information. To do this, go to your Instagram settings, tap on “Security,” and then select “Download Data.” You’ll receive an email from Instagram with a link to download a ZIP file containing your account data.
This file includes details such as posts, comments, profile information, and more. While it doesn’t specifically show your browsing history, it provides an overview of your account’s activities.
It’s important to note that Instagram’s features and functionalities may change over time, so it’s always a good idea to explore the app’s settings and options to see if any new features related to browsing history have been introduced.
How To Recover Deleted Messages On Instagram
All of the chats that you have deleted on Instagram will still be available on the Instagram server – except for the ones that you have chosen to “unsend”. The good news is that there is an official way to retrieve them. It is possible to view or restore a chat if you delete it by mistake by requesting your data if you delete it by mistake.
Here are the steps to view and recover deleted messages on Instagram:
- Navigate to https://www.instagram.com on your browser and sign in to your account there.
- In the top right corner of the screen, right-click your profile icon and select Settings from the drop-down menu that appears.
- You will be able to select the Privacy and Security option from the menu on the left side of the screen.
- Click on the Request Download option under the Data Download header by scrolling down and clicking on the button.
- The next step is to select HTML as your download format, and then click on the Next button.
- Click on Request Download after you have verified your identity by entering your password.
- Instagram will send you a link to a file containing the information you requested by email. In order to collect this data and send it to you, it may take up to 14 days for it to be collected and sent. In most cases, however, you will be able to get them within 30 minutes of requesting them.
- When you receive the email from Instagram, click on the Download information button at the bottom of the email to download the information. If you do not already have an Instagram account, you will be asked to log in.
- Now you will be able to download the data by clicking on the Download information button. As soon as you click on the download button, the file will begin to download.
- You should unzip the folder and then go to “messages > inbox > [named folder],” then open the “chats.html” file once you have unzipped the folder.
- Upon scouring through the file, you will find all the names of the persons with whom you have chatted in the past. You can read the conversation by tapping on the names of the people.
It is important to note that your file does not include any unsent messages that you may have sent from your Instagram account. As an additional point of interest, it is also worth mentioning that the link sent to you in the email will expire 4 days after you receive it. If you open the link after four days of receiving the email, it will not work, and you will need to request data again in 14 days from the day you received the email.
An Alternate Way To Recover Deleted Messages On Instagram
As the official method may take up to 14 days to work, you can use another method to recover deleted messages on Instagram in case you are in a desperate situation.
It is possible to recover deleted Instagram messages by using third-party data recovery software. This is one of the most commonly used tools to view and recover deleted Instagram messages and data (such as contacts, notes, calendars, photos, music, movies, etc.) from your phone.
In order to retrieve deleted messages from your iOS or Android device, the tool relies on accessing the cache files on your device. You can find detailed instructions on how to recover deleted Instagram messages from FoneLab on this website that will show you how to do it. It should be noted that this is a third-party application, so we would advise caution when using any unofficial application.